How to become an events volunteer
There are millions of sports volunteers in the UK and without them many sports events simply would not happen. Volunteers are vital to all the events organised by F3 Events throughout the year to enable those events to operate smoothly. Volunteers are the backbone of a successful event.
If you have ever participated in an event before, or been a spectator at an event, you would have felt some of the buzz generated from the participants nervousness at the beginning of their event, as well as the sense of achievement and exhilaration as they realise their goals and cross the finish line.
This buzz comes partly from the strong team who support the event and ensure its smooth operation. The team that work on the events all share a particular skill that they want to develop or make use of, e.g. strong organisational or presentation skills, or professional qualifications that they not be otherwise able to use, unless involved with the events. This could be life guarding, life boat driving, pre-event briefings, final event checks, marshalling key points on the course and implementing safe and enjoyable events.
The F3 Events Team
Anyone can be a volunteer, which sometimes brings out new skills in people that can be developed and enhanced very quickly, and overall their contributions make the events more enjoyable for all. At each event there are team coordinators who look after specific areas of the event and a short introduction is always given to ensure that all volunteers are comfortable and familiar with their roles for the event. It is also a great way to meet new people and most importantly have fun.
Our aim is not only to run a successful event, but also help volunteers to achieve at least some of their own objectives and to give them a satisfying and rewarding experience.
Perks of the job
- FREE Entries for yourself or family member
- FREE Food and Drink provided at all events.
- Sufficient rest and breaks provided to ensure you do not miss out on any special part of the event you are volunteering for – just in case someone special is participating.
- Event Clothing – T-shirt for the summer, Gillette or jacket for winter and visible Marshall waist-coat.
- Opportunity to receive product support from sponsors and services from partners at preferential rates. Eg. Heron Lake Swimmers, Xterra Wetsuits.
- Opportunity to promote any interests or businesses you work for or are involved with (subject to prior agreements with other businesses to ensure no conflict of interest)
- Opportunity to meet and work with like minded people.
- Receive praise and thanks for being part of the team, plus the satisfaction of making the participants event experience a positive and memorable one.
If this is something that interests you and you would like to find out more, please contact us at [email protected] and we will be more than happy to help you become an F3 Events team member.