Frequently Asked Questions
You will receive update emails in the build-up to an event. Finally within 7days of the event taking place you will receive the ‘Final Email’ with the latest competitor notes showing start times, maps and other details regarding the event. This ‘Final Email’ will also be added to our news section and Facebook.
Age limits are shown below unless the event says otherwise (e.g Youth Duathlons & Triathlons)
• Sprint Distance – 16 Years +
• Standard & Olympic Distance – 17 Years +
• Half Iron Distance – 18 Years +
• Super Sprint Distance – 16 Years +
• Sprint Distance – 16 Years +
• Olympic Distance – 17 Years +
• 750m Swim – 14 Years +
• 1.5km & 2.0km Swims – 16 Years +
• 3.0km, 3.8km & 10km Swims – 18 Years +
• 5km, 6km, 10km & 15km Runs – 16 Years +
• 20km & Half Marathons – 17 Years +
If you have further questions regarding participant ages then you can contact the team at [email protected]
• Ironman – 2.4 mile Swim, 112 mile Bike, 26.2 mile Run
• Half Ironman – 1.2 mile Swim, 56 mile Bike, 13.1 mile Run
• Olympic/ Standard Distance – 1.5km (0.93 mile) Swim, 40km (24.8 mile) Bike, 10k (6.2 mile) Run
• Sprint Distance – usually about one half of an Olympic Distance Race
• Super Sprint Distance – usually about one quarter of an Olympic Distance Race
- Swim (1.9km) – 1 hour 10 minutes after your wave start
- Bike (86km) – 5 hours 30 minutes after your wave start
- Run (20km) – 8 hours 30 minutes after your wave start
Wetsuits are encouraged in nearly all open water swims. It will not only keep you warm but it will also help you swim faster. A wetsuit provides you with extra buoyancy across the backside and down the back of your thighs. This keeps you higher in the water… the higher you are the faster you swim. It will aid your swim immensely and help if you start to tire. For further information on hiring a wetsuit please visit www.hireawetsuit.co.uk or alternatively visit www.xterrawetsuits.co.uk to purchase a new suit.
• It is compulsory to wear a wetsuit if the water temperature is less than 14 degrees celsius.
• It is optional to wear a wetsuit if the water temperature is between 14 and 22 degrees celsius.
• Wetsuits are banned if the water temperature is above 22 degrees celsius.
If you are looking to hire a wetsuit for an event or even the whole season then our wetsuit hire partner Hireawetsuit is perfect, with wetsuit hires available from £20. Please visit www.hireawetsuit.co.uk for more information.
If you are looking to purchase a wetsuit then please visit www.xterrawetsuits.co.uk
You can take part in any of our events for your own chosen charities.
Once you have completed your race the results will be posted online straight away. If you head to the results page on the top menu you will be able to see a list of all the previous events and find your event and you will then be able to view the results from your race. You will also receive a ‘Results Email‘ which will be sent to your email address after the event.
If you email the team at [email protected] then we will be able to check which timing chip you have and we will send you a relevant return address to send the timing chip back in the post.