Set at the spectacular, flat and smooth-surfaced Dorney Lake, near Windsor, the course takes onto the lake and around the perimeter of the water for the cycle and run. With fuel and water stations and chip-timed results we try and make it as easy as possible to get your pacing right, so that you can focus on your race and get the best possible time.
Super fast course - perfect for beginners or intermediates - Anyone can enter this event.
· Duathlon: Super Sprint, Sprint & Olympic
· Runs: 5km, 10km, 15km & Half Marathon
Late entries: On the day of the event will include an additional £5 to the entry fee.
Event Location: Dorney Lake, Eton College Rowing Centre, off Court Lane, Dorney, Windsor, Berkshire. SL4 6FJ. (Please note that this postcode has recently been updated from SL4 6QP but may not have propogated to any satnav software you may be using. Please navigate to Dorney Lake if unsure).
Car Parking: On arrival to the site follow signs to the event car park. Race registration and transition area are a quick walk from the car park; a perfect distance for warming those legs up! Once you are parked up please make your way to the Boat House where you will find the registration team waiting for you. You will need to bring all your race kit with you, as you will be racking your bike immediately after registering.
Event Registration: Event Registration is located within the Main Boathouse at the far end of the lake.
On arrival you will receive:
· Bib number. To be worn on the front when you are running and back when you are cycling. It is recommended to wear an elastic race belt.
· Depending on the number of competitors, you may be asked to have your event number written on your hand.
· Bike number. To be stuck on your bike seat post.
· Helmet number. To be stuck on the front of your helmet.
· Timing chip. This is supplied with a Velcro band to secure to your LEFT ankle. (DO NOT WEAR THE TIMING CHIP ON YOUR WRIST! ONLY TO BE WORN ON YOUR ANKLE)
Please note: It is advisable to arrive approximately 60 minutes before your start time. This then gives you plenty of time to register, rack your bike and understand the layout of the event.
Entry on the Day: Subject to a £5 surcharge (cash only, subject to availability).
Changing: We have changing rooms, showers and toilets all on site which are
located inside the venue, next to registration.
Bag Drop: Whilst we recommend bringing as little as possible, you can leave your belongings with us while you race using the tear-off baggage strip on your race number, collecting after you finish by presenting your race number.
Prizes: Prizes will be awarded to the top three participants overall and the top runner in each of the veteran categories (V40/V50/V60/V70) for both males and females. Where possible, we will endeavour to present individual race prizes as soon as validated on the day.
Bespoke Medals for all finishers and a selection of refreshments
Timings: Event timings are non-negotiable! It is your responsibility to be in the right place at the right time. The event will start at the below times, with or without you.
Please check your pre race email for any changed to this schedule.
Site Open To Competitors
Do NOT Arrive Before This Time
Duathlon Event Briefing
Outside the Boathouse
ALL Duathlon Distances Start
Next To Main Boathouse
1st Super Sprint Duathlon Finisher
1st Sprint Duathlon Finisher
1st Standard Duathlon Finisher
Duathlon Prize Presentation
When Results Are Confirmed
Duathlon Course Closes
· Super Sprint: Run (2.5km) – Bike (10km) - Run (2.5km)
· Sprint: Run (5km) – Bike (20km) - Run (5km)
· Olympic: Run (10km) – Bike(40km) – Run(5km)